Breaking the ashes gamburd explores the changing role of alcohol consumption in a sri lankan village the cultural context for social and antisocial alcohol consumption insight into everyday and ceremonial drinking and the illicit alcohol market. Michele ruth gamburds book breaking the ashes looks at illegal alcohol consumption and how it relates to distinctions in religion family structure and economic status in sri lanka. Im going to break the ashes yelled one daily drinker to another as their paths crossed early in the morning in the sri lankan village michele ruth gamburd calls naeaegama. Breaking the ashes the culture of illicit liquor in sri lanka by gamburdmichelle ruth x 266 pp ithaca ny cornell university press 2008 266 pp 2395 paper. Get this from a library breaking the ashes the culture of illicit liquor in sri lanka michele ruth gamburd
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.